Nantucket! Take out your map and look at it. See what a real corner of the world it occupies; how it stands there away off shore . . .
— Herman Melville, Moby Dick
Nantucket does indeed stand there away off shore… just off the coast of the US state of Massachusetts, below the long arm of Cape Cod. It’s an island steeped in history dating back to the colonial days, and is best known as the center of US whaling in the 19th century. These days, the primary industry is tourism. From a quiet, isolated enclave of around 10,000 in the winter, the population explodes to around five times that in summer. Looking for the most expensive real estate in the country? Forget Manhattan, Oahu, or San Francisco. You’ll find it right here.
Nantucket Memorial Airport (KACK) is the island’s air-link to the rest of the world. Whether you’re a GA flyer, bizjet pilot, or an airline captain, Nantucket is an excellent place to start – or end – your next flying adventure. If you’re looking for a good companion airport to our Plum Island/Minute Man scenery, this is it – it’s within an easy GA flight over some very picturesque coast. Come experience New England at its finest!
- 262 square miles (680 square kilometers) of orthophoto coverage for Nantucket, Tuckernuck and Muskeget islands
- Custom vegetation files, including enhanced trees, the characteristic scrub brush of the Nantucket moors, and even grass
- Many local VFR landmarks and points of interest, including the Nantucket H.S. wind turbine, the historic windmill, Nantucket Boat Basin marina, downtown churches, and the lighthouses at Brant Point, Great Point, and Sankaty Head.
- Inclusion of the bush airports at Tuckernuck (MA72) and Muskeget (MA55) for adventurous pilots, each with their own custom vegetation
- The crown jewel of the project, Nantucket Memorial Airport (KACK), faithfully reproduced from hundreds of photos.
- Highly detailed models of all airport buildings and objects
- Full night lighting to take advantage of XP’s beautiful night environment
- Loads of static aircraft seen at the real thing, including Cape Air 402s, a Rectrix Shuttle KingAir, a FedEx 208, and lots of bizjets and GA planes
- Includes parking spots in open, detailed hangars
Buy on OrbxDirect.com