MA72 Tuckernuck

Get technical support for your iBlueYonder product (except Orbx sceneries) here, or report bugs or other issues.
dhasdell

MA72 Tuckernuck

Post by dhasdell » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:01 pm

Hello,

This is a rather odd one. I've just installed Nantucket in P3d v4, and presumably it's the latest version. If I try to start a flight at Tuckenuck, the a/c appears about 8 feet off the ground. I can take off, but if I taxi on ground level after landing the dust effect streams from the upper wing and almost at once there is a crash notification. It works perfectly in FSX-SE. In both sims I am running Orbx Global Base and Global Vector. Any suggestions, please?

David

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Re: MA72 Tuckernuck

Post by iBlueYonder » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:39 am

Hi David,

It sounds like what happens when there's a conflicting scenery or the elevation adjustment file is missing. Check in your P3D Scenery\World\scenery folder and do a search for files that contain ma72. There should be one file returned. Can you check it and post here with it's filename?

thanks,
Bill Womack
Lead poly wrangler and pixel pusher

dhasdell

Post by dhasdell » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:26 am

Hello Bill,

That was it, and I've fixed it.

There were three MA72 files in my P3d:

MA72_ADEP3_iby.bgl and MA72_ADEP3_iby_CVX.bgl are both in C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KACK\Scenery

ABP_MA72.bgl is in C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery

I've looked at the Vector Airport Elevation Corrections tab in FTX Central and neither MA72 nor KACK is mentioned in either the enabled or the disabled column. Neither is there any mention of either in the FTX Global airoports addon.

In my FSX-SE installation, where Tuckernuck works perfectly MA72_ADEX_iBY_ALT.bgl is present in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\scenery\World\scenery, as well as the three I have in P3d, which are in corresponding locations.

I've copied it over into the P3d scenery\World\scenery and now it works.

You probably guessed I started this reply and followed the lead as I went along. Was I just unlucky to be missing the file from my download, or is it just something in P3d that nobody has spotted before? Either way, thanks to you I've got it working now.

Thanks again - I do like your scenery. As far as I am concerned if anyone is the heir to Louis Leon in FS9 it's you.

David

dhasdell

Post by dhasdell » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:07 am

Hello again,

I've discovered the same issue with MA55 Muskeget Island. MA55_ADEX_iBY_ALT.bgl was in my FSX-SE installation but not my P3d.

I'm sure you found this when building the Nantucket package, but according to Wikipedia "Muskeget Island Airport (FAA LID: MA55) is a small airport located on Muskeget Island in the town of Nantucket. It is unclear why Muskeget is listed as an airport, as clearly there is no airport located anywhere on the island. The only known occurrence of an aircraft landing on Muskeget was a Piper J-3 Cub in 1949 that touched down on a beach." Still, it's nice for a beach picnic!

Thanks as always,

David