Migrating your iBlueYonder Scenery to Orbx

Get technical support for your iBlueYonder product (except Orbx sceneries) here, or report bugs or other issues.
iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Migrating your iBlueYonder Scenery to Orbx

Post by iBlueYonder » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:01 am

I've had quite a few questions on this, so I thought I'd sticky it here.

Migrating your iBlueYonder.com purchases to Orbx
If you purchased your scenery from iblueyonder.com, migration of your purchases to Orbx is quite simple. Just go to https://orbxdirect.com/account/migrate/iblueyonder and fill out the migration form. Be sure to use your sales ID, not your product license number. Instructions on how to find the sales ID are in a link on the migration form.

Migrating iBlueYonder scenery purchased from another store to Orbx
Because the migration opens a two-way communication between the point of original purchase and the Orbx servers, cooperation is required between both parties. The store where you purchased the scenery will have to provide you with a migration link if there is one. If they haven't set up a migration path yet, contact the store and request that they work with Orbx to set up migration. Unfortunately, we cannot make this happen from our end, as it's their servers and data being connected and we have no insight into it.
Bill Womack
Lead poly wrangler and pixel pusher

Trident27

Re: Migrating your iBlueYonder Scenery to Orbx

Post by Trident27 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:33 pm

Hi,
does somebody already asked X-Aviation for a migration link to Orbx? It seems that X-Aviation is not interested to allow the migration.

Regards,
Martin

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:03 am

Trident27 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:33 pm
Hi,
does somebody already asked X-Aviation for a migration link to Orbx? It seems that X-Aviation is not interested to allow the migration.

Regards,
Martin
I've asked, but the more people that ask, the more likely they'll allow it.
Bill Womack

Trident27

Post by Trident27 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:25 am

I think X-Aviation is not interested to let us migrate the scenery to Orbx. I get no answer and I found no requests from others.

As I have the invoice, that I've bought the scenery, would it be possible to migrate with your help? It's a pity that I have all Orbx sceneries for X-Plane but only Plum Island is missing. :cry:

Regards,
Martin

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:10 am

Trident27 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:25 am
I think X-Aviation is not interested to let us migrate the scenery to Orbx. I get no answer and I found no requests from others.

As I have the invoice, that I've bought the scenery, would it be possible to migrate with your help? It's a pity that I have all Orbx sceneries for X-Plane but only Plum Island is missing. :cry:

Regards,
Martin
Sorry, there's no mechanism for me to do manual migrations of accounts that are not mine from stores that I don't control. It occurs to me that you might be misunderstanding what's gained by migrating an X-Plane scenery to Orbx, though. If you already own Plum Island from XA, then there's nothing new to be had by migrating your account. It's the same exact scenery, just from another store. Were you expecting something other than that?
Bill Womack

Trident27

Post by Trident27 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:42 am

Hi Bill,

as I think the next sceneries will be released (only) at Orbx, it would be great to get future updates with FTX Central 2 instead of manual update. I know that this is the same scenery, but I can handle the sceneries easier with FTX Central.

I don't want to blame you for this problem. Unfortunately I couldn't buy this scenery direct from your store, then I wouldn't have this problem.

Martin

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:33 pm

Nothing is stopping you from buying the next sceneries at Orbx, Martin. You can always set up an Orbx account later, regardless of whether you have an existing iblueyonder product. You're not missing it on anything by not migrating.
Bill Womack

aerostar

Post by aerostar » Thu May 09, 2019 8:28 pm

I bought my KACK Nantucket scenery from AEROSOFT and I want to migrate it to ORBX.... how do I do this ?

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Thu May 09, 2019 8:34 pm

aerostar wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:28 pm
I bought my KACK Nantucket scenery from AEROSOFT and I want to migrate it to ORBX.... how do I do this ?
That's covered in the first post above.
Bill Womack