The Heron's Nest 2.0 FAQs PLEASE READ BEFORE REQUESTING SUPPORT!

Get technical support for your iBlueYonder product (except Orbx sceneries) here, or report bugs or other issues.
iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Re: The Heron's Nest 2.0 FAQs PLEASE READ BEFORE REQUESTING SUPPORT!

Post by iBlueYonder » Thu May 24, 2018 5:55 am

I'm confused about your folder naming, Noel. Are you putting the Heron's Nest into the Bear Island folder? It should have gone into the iBlueYonder folder by default, but if it had been properly activated, the island would be flat in your sim. The actual island in this version is a SODE-driven 3D model that sits on the flattened area that you're showing in your screenshot.

The message from SimObject Display Engine is just noting that no installation is required, since there's a newer version already, but it shouldn't stop the installation process.

Look in your C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects folder. Do you see a folder called "iBlueYonder_Herons-Nest" there? That's where the island model resides. In fact, if your SODE was properly installed and working, you'd see the island in the sim even if the scenery wasn't active in your library, so something clearly went wrong with that part of the process.
Bill Womack
Lead poly wrangler and pixel pusher

nbrettoner

Post by nbrettoner » Thu May 24, 2018 7:15 pm

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your quick response.
The two attached screengrabs show Bear Island location, Heron's Nest path (as per your advice here), and Heron's Nest contents.
Ummm, as Bear Island seems to be ok, am wondering what I've done wrong?. Should I delete Heron's Nest from addon scenery?.
Then how do I get to see the 3D representation properly?. Do I need to find & run SODE or something??. Sorry but yet again I am losted. :(
Attachments
Heron's Nest reply Fri 25th May 2018 Brettoner.jpg
Heron's Nest reply Fri 25th May 2018 Brettoner.jpg (208.98 KiB) Viewed 1248 times
Heron's Nest reply Fri 25th May 2018 Brettoner 02.jpg
Heron's Nest reply Fri 25th May 2018 Brettoner 02.jpg (238.39 KiB) Viewed 1248 times
Kind regards,

Noel Brettoner
:)

nbrettoner

Post by nbrettoner » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:56 am

Can anyone please help me with Heron's Nest v2 installation?. I run FSX acceleration on W7. See previous posts this thread.
Kind regards,

Noel Brettoner
:)

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:41 am

Noel,

I'm so confused by what you've said so far that it's hard to help you further. If you run the installer EXE that's provided, it should put everything where it needs to go to operate and activate the scenery in your scenery library. If none of that is happening, we have to step through it point by point to figure out what went wrong. BTW, Bear Island is by another developer and has nothing to do with the Heron's Nest, so if we could streamline and keep things to discussing HN, that'd be great.

So first off, are you still seeing the island the way it looked in the first shot you posted?
Bill Womack

Shalomar

Post by Shalomar » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:40 am

When I install Heron's Nest V2 into P3D V4 then Prepar3d will not start. Over ten minutes on the initial slash screen. When I put back in the sceneery config before Heron's nest it starts again normally. Win 10

Donald

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:47 am

Shalomar wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:40 am
When I install Heron's Nest V2 into P3D V4 then Prepar3d will not start. Over ten minutes on the initial slash screen. When I put back in the sceneery config before Heron's nest it starts again normally. Win 10

Donald
I've never heard of that happening before, Donald. What percentage of the load is it seeming to get hung on? And have you tried letting it complete the load process just to see if it ever does?
Bill Womack