Seeing black patches on the ground where the terminal and FBO should be?

Get technical support for your iBlueYonder product (except Orbx sceneries) here, or report bugs or other issues.
iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Seeing black patches on the ground where the terminal and FBO should be?

Post by iBlueYonder » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:12 pm

If you don't have a main terminal at KACK, but see a black patch on the ground where it should be, then you are having trouble activating the Viva module. Instructions to fix it are here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40
Bill Womack
Lead poly wrangler and pixel pusher

RonL

Re: Seeing black patches on the ground where the terminal and FBO should be?

Post by RonL » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:09 pm

Mr Womack,
Glad to have some New England scenery. Have a problem. The black areas I have read about.
1. Purchased from PC Aviator today
2. Installer ran to the finish.
3. Checked the installer and had the correct path. Ran it manually as administrator anyway.
4. When I tried to run the program, Norton flashed that they blocked the Nantucket Control Panel.exe. Said it was a Trojan.
5. FSX asked me if I wanted to permit VIVA.dll and I said yes.
6. Nantucket is listed at the top of my scenery library.
7. I find no other KACK files other than the four your program put into my scenery/world/scenery folder.
8. I run ORBX Global with Vector. Ran Vector elevation tool and it did nothing with KACK.
9. I cannot find any control panel.
9. So I have the scenery but the black problem.

My conclusion.....Could there be a virus with the executable for the control panel? And, since this panel appears to be controlling the scenery, is this my problem?
If so, do I contact PCAviator for a solution?

Hope we can get my Nantucket working properly.
Ron

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:58 am

RonL wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:09 pm
Mr Womack,
Glad to have some New England scenery. Have a problem. The black areas I have read about.
1. Purchased from PC Aviator today
2. Installer ran to the finish.
3. Checked the installer and had the correct path. Ran it manually as administrator anyway.
4. When I tried to run the program, Norton flashed that they blocked the Nantucket Control Panel.exe. Said it was a Trojan.
5. FSX asked me if I wanted to permit VIVA.dll and I said yes.
6. Nantucket is listed at the top of my scenery library.
7. I find no other KACK files other than the four your program put into my scenery/world/scenery folder.
8. I run ORBX Global with Vector. Ran Vector elevation tool and it did nothing with KACK.
9. I cannot find any control panel.
9. So I have the scenery but the black problem.

My conclusion.....Could there be a virus with the executable for the control panel? And, since this panel appears to be controlling the scenery, is this my problem?
If so, do I contact PCAviator for a solution?

Hope we can get my Nantucket working properly.
Ron
Hi Ron,

First off, we can get your Nantucket running properly so have no fear. You've got several problems all at once, and they're not necessarily related. First off, there's no trojan in the control panel; that's Norton (a program I despise for just this reason) throwing a false positive. You're actually the first person to report the control panel tripping their AV, but I can assure you it's not infected. Also, even if the control panel were disabled, it wouldn't cause the black buildings you're seeing.

Likewise, Viva is probably not to blame either. What you see when Viva is not activated are the building shadows on the ground with no buildings atop them.

I'm guessing that your problem lies with the PCAviator installer. For some reason, their version of the installer seems 100% borked somehow. Everyone who's purchased from them has had the same issue. Even though JustFlight has assured me that it's the same installer as every other store's, something is clearly amiss. I'll PM you with an installer download that will work, so check your messages.

thanks,
Bill Womack

RonL

Post by RonL » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:15 pm

Bill,
The installer you sent me worked fine. No black patches. I have been enjoying the scenery and made an ILS into runway 24 no problem.
As a New Englander, now living in Mississippi, I keep looking for scenery up there.
Thanks for the help.
Ron

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:28 pm

Awesome, glad it worked. What part of Mississippi did you wind up in?
Bill Womack

RonL

Post by RonL » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:21 am

I'm in Oxford, home of Ole Miss where my daughter works. Wife and I retired here after forty years DOD Navy.

Were you a New Englander? I grew up in Kennebunk, Maine, lived in Rhode Island, Connecticut and Brockton area of Massachusetts. Almost the consummate Yankee. Gosh did I love Old Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, Block Island. Love Nantucket too, now, thanks to you.
Have you considered doing the Vineyard?

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:59 pm

RonL wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:21 am
I'm in Oxford, home of Ole Miss where my daughter works. Wife and I retired here after forty years DOD Navy.

Were you a New Englander? I grew up in Kennebunk, Maine, lived in Rhode Island, Connecticut and Brockton area of Massachusetts. Almost the consummate Yankee. Gosh did I love Old Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, Block Island. Love Nantucket too, now, thanks to you.
Have you considered doing the Vineyard?
Nope, I've never been a New Englander; just love the region and its airports. I was wondering about your MS home because I'm originally from Memphis, and my son, daughter in law, and grandson live in Tupelo.

I've thought about the Vineyard, but another developer has gotten in touch with me and indicated an interest in doing it, so I'm holding off for now as a professional courtesy.
Bill Womack

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:52 pm

Bill.

I seem to have the same or similar issue with black taxiways but I do see the outlines of buildings (not just shadows). Its just that everything is black. I bought my Nantucket scenery from PC Aviator but is the version "published" by Just Planes. Can you please set me up with whatever worked for RonL?

Regards,
Frank Safranek

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:24 pm

fsafranek wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:52 pm
Bill.

I seem to have the same or similar issue with black taxiways but I do see the outlines of buildings (not just shadows). Its just that everything is black. I bought my Nantucket scenery from PC Aviator but is the version "published" by Just Planes. Can you please set me up with whatever worked for RonL?

Regards,
Frank Safranek
I just emailed you, Frank.
Bill Womack

Dan

Post by Dan » Mon May 14, 2018 9:04 am

Bill, I have the same problem Black patches. Uninstalled Nantucket many times and the same thing keep coming up. I bought my Nantucket scenery from PC Aviator. Can you please set me up with whatever worked for Dan