Downloading or License Key Expiration Problems?

Get technical support for your iBlueYonder product (except Orbx sceneries) here, or report bugs or other issues.
iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Downloading or License Key Expiration Problems?

Post by iBlueYonder » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:51 am

Due to a incorrect setting in our e-commerce system, purchases of Nantucket Island made on the first two days of sale (December 28th & 29th, 2016) may have had their license keys incorrectly set to expire after one use. This also affected the ability to download products again after the initial download.

We have found and fixed the problem, and you should be able to log into your "My Account" section on the iBlueYonder site now to view your keys and download Nantucket again if necessary.

Bear in mind that any message about an expired license should not affect your ability to activate your scenery, as the installer & activation is handled by JustFlight, whose system is completely separate from ours. All purchases made after December 30th shouldn't be affected by the above issue.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Bill Womack
Lead poly wrangler and pixel pusher

fbk289

Re: Downloading or License Key Expiration Problems?

Post by fbk289 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:15 pm

Hi Bill,

My download link is still not working

Thanks
Ben

edit
Got it! :)
Ben O'Donnell

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:51 am

It should work now. We had to go through a couple extra hoops with the ecommerce tech support before it got ironed out.
Bill Womack

rupert

Post by rupert » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:03 pm

Hi there!

I registered and logged in after seeing your Heron's Nest scenery on the FSX forum of FlightSim.Com.

As I read the promo, upon registering I would receive info to log on and down load Heron's Nest. I'm registered, I've been to my e-mail at least three times and have logged on at least twice. However I see no link or way to download Heron's Nest? :|

What do I need to do? Will you send the link to my e-mail? Please advise.

Rupert

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:54 pm

Let me check and see if something is haywire with the sending of the download link, Rupert.
Bill Womack

bushpilot

Post by bushpilot » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:05 pm

Bill,

The email sent to me following the purchase of KACK, and containing my key code and download link, is not directing me to a download of the product. Each time I try to access the MY ACCOUNT area of your website, I am asked to put in my username and password with no recognition that my account exists following. Could you please check on this for me? I use KACK as a base for my flights with BVARTCC's Cape Air Virtual and thought this addition to the scenery would be ideal. Thanks.

John

(Edit: And, of course, the nth try is a success. Download underway.)

rupert

Post by rupert » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:01 pm

iBlueYonder wrote:Let me check and see if something is haywire with the sending of the download link, Rupert.
Hey Bill, Rupert here. It's now 7 January and I'm still waiting.

Rupert

BTW: I was just reading a post on FlifhtSim.com where someone asked if you used ILS 24 at KACK because it didn't work for them? I have it on the ORBTX version & hope it's also on your version as well.

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:00 pm

rupert wrote:
iBlueYonder wrote:Let me check and see if something is haywire with the sending of the download link, Rupert.

Rupert

BTW: I was just reading a post on FlifhtSim.com where someone asked if you used ILS 24 at KACK because it didn't work for them? I have it on the ORBTX version & hope it's also on your version as well.
Hi Rupert,

I checked with my mailing list, and it says you got the link for Heron's Nest and downloaded it on Feb. 18 of last year. Once the link has been sent, it won't send it again; that's only triggered automatically on the first time you register. I've just triggered a manual re-send of the link, so be on the lookout for that.

I also checked on the ILS for rwy 06/24 and discovered, much to my chagrin, that it's not attached to the add-on version of Nantucket. I've added it in, and it should show up in the next update for Nantucket, which we're working on. Oddly enough, one of the beta testers mentioned flying into 24 via ILS during the beta, and said that it cut in and out, but seemed largely to work. Not quite sure why that could be. Anyway, we'll get it fixed up.
Bill Womack

rupert

Post by rupert » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:59 pm

iBlueYonder wrote:
rupert wrote:

Rupert

Hi Rupert,

I checked with my mailing list, and it says you got the link for Heron's Nest and downloaded it on Feb. 18 of last year. Once the link has been sent, it won't send it again; that's only triggered automatically on the first time you register. I've just triggered a manual re-send of the link, so be on the lookout for that.

I also checked on the ILS for rwy 06/24 and discovered, much to my chagrin, that it's not attached to the add-on version of Nantucket. I've added it in, and it should show up in the next update for Nantucket, which we're working on. Oddly enough, one of the beta testers mentioned flying into 24 via ILS during the beta, and said that it cut in and out, but seemed largely to work. Not quite sure why that could be. Anyway, we'll get it fixed up.
Bill,

Thanks so much for the link! It shows up as #1 on my scenery library now, but I can't seem to find the island. Coordinates please?

Rupert

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:56 pm

The manual (really just a one-page info sheet) in the main Heron's Nest folder has the ICAO codes for the airports and the Lat/Lon of each.
Bill Womack