Viva.dll and Viva_p3d.dll Issues

Get technical support for your iBlueYonder product (except Orbx sceneries) here, or report bugs or other issues.
mj507

Re: Viva.dll and Viva_p3d.dll Issues

Post by mj507 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:40 am

Hi,

I bought this scenery yesterday (@pcaviator) and experienced the same black runways when I tried to install it yesterday evening. I use FSX (se) and as it is the only one installed has its configuration files under microsoft\FSX)
viva is installed on the correct place and in dll.xml.

Regards,

Jan

Tiurne

Re: Viva.dll and Viva_p3d.dll Issues Workaround for FSX

Post by Tiurne » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:51 am

Hello, as many of us I get the same problem wtih viva module.
Here is my configuration: windows 7 on disk C, fsx acceleration on disk J:\FSX and P3DV3 on disk P
I installed Nantucket on FSX only and the scenery displays incorrectly (black area instead of terminal)
I tried the solution that you provided (manual registration), without success...

But I found out that viva.log in C:...AppData\Roaming\FSX Modules\DynPlacement, as well as viva_P3D.log, make both reference to the P3D scenery.cfg file (here the excerpt of viva.log and viva_P3D.log Scenery.cfg: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\scenery.cfg)

Consequently the workaround for a full display of Nantucket by FSX is obviously to define manualy the Nantucket scenery in the P3D scenery.cfg file (and so, the 13 placement xml files are found when launching FSX)

Other methods to provide viva module with the correct path to FSX scenery.cfg failed:
E.g, deleting the folder C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 and registrating again viva module, then viva.log shows that the path to FSX scenery.cfg file is set to J:\FSX\scenery.cfg (the installation folder of FSX), which is incorrect...

To sum up it appears that viva module is not able to manage as simple configuration as mine but should be easily fixed...except if FSX is definitevely seen as obsolete :-)
Question: is there a way to manualy change in viva environment the path to the FSX scenery.cfg file, avoiding to define a fake scenery in P3D?

Regards

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Re: Viva.dll and Viva_p3d.dll Issues

Post by iBlueYonder » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:59 am

I'm out of the country on business at the moment, and away from any rig where I could test a solution to what you're asking. All I can add for now is that we're about to release a new version of Nantucket when I get back that eliminates the need for Viva altogether in favor of SODE, so your woes will be short-lived.

Thx,
Bill Womack
Lead poly wrangler and pixel pusher