ORBX Plum Island Airport & Minute Man Air Field

Get technical support for your iBlueYonder product (except Orbx sceneries) here, or report bugs or other issues.
Charles
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:18 am

ORBX Plum Island Airport & Minute Man Air Field

Post by Charles » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:23 am

Hi Bill,
Recently I bought your Plum Island Airport & Minute Man Air Field on ORBX page and I would like to ask you whether ORBX libraries need to be installed for full functionality of your scenery.I have no other ORBX scenery.
Thanks
Charles

User avatar
iBlueYonder
Site Admin
Posts: 1041
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:45 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas USA

Re: ORBX Plum Island Airport & Minute Man Air Field

Post by iBlueYonder » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:44 am

Hi Charles,

I've added some Orbx library objects to the Orbx versions of Plum island/Minute Man and Nantucket, so yes, you'll need to update your libraries via FTX Central to use them.

By the way, for Orbx scenery questions, please use the Orbx support forum.

thanks,
Bill
Bill Womack
Lead poly wrangler and pixel pusher

Charles
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:18 am

Re: ORBX Plum Island Airport & Minute Man Air Field

Post by Charles » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:48 am

Bill, thanks for the answer.
Charles

Charles
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:18 am

Re: ORBX Plum Island Airport & Minute Man Air Field

Post by Charles » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:01 am

Hi Bill. I'm sorry to re-use your forum, but it takes a long time on ORBX forum to get the answer because of too many topics.
As I wrote in the previous post I bought your great Plum Island Airport & Minute Man Air Field.Everything works and looks great except for photoscenery near Plum Island airport and here I am a little disappointed.The photoscenery has a tint of purple and ground phototextures arent "crisp and clear" as it is at 60 cm/pix resolution but seems like 2m/pix photoscenery (coloured spots).All my fsx settings are exactly as in the user manual.Can you help me?
Thanks
Charles

User avatar
iBlueYonder
Site Admin
Posts: 1041
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:45 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas USA

Re: ORBX Plum Island Airport & Minute Man Air Field

Post by iBlueYonder » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:50 am

Charles wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:01 am
Hi Bill. I'm sorry to re-use your forum, but it takes a long time on ORBX forum to get the answer because of too many topics.
As I wrote in the previous post I bought your great Plum Island Airport & Minute Man Air Field.Everything works and looks great except for photoscenery near Plum Island airport and here I am a little disappointed.The photoscenery has a tint of purple and ground phototextures arent "crisp and clear" as it is at 60 cm/pix resolution but seems like 2m/pix photoscenery (coloured spots).All my fsx settings are exactly as in the user manual.Can you help me?
Thanks
Charles
Hi Charles,

I recently did an update for the 2B2 orthophoto to enhance the coloring and blend it better into the terrain. As for the resolution, it's unfortunately the best available at the moment. If you migrated to the Orbx version there should be a patch for Plum Island available soon. We're testing it now.
Bill Womack
Lead poly wrangler and pixel pusher

Charles
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:18 am

Re: ORBX Plum Island Airport & Minute Man Air Field

Post by Charles » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:09 pm

Good news Bill.Thank you very much for the answer.
I did not migrate from iBlueYonder version I bought it directly on OrbxDirect.com.

Charles

Charles
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:18 am

Re: ORBX Plum Island Airport & Minute Man Air Field

Post by Charles » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:05 pm

Hi Bill.Yesterday I flew the area around Minute Man Air Field and this area is absolutely eye candy.Fantastic job Bill.Area around Plum island is too great but not as great as "Minute Man" area.I hope this will improve by your patch.Do both areas use the same ortho resolution?Minute man area seems sharper :).
Thanks
Charles

User avatar
iBlueYonder
Site Admin
Posts: 1041
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:45 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas USA

Re: ORBX Plum Island Airport & Minute Man Air Field

Post by iBlueYonder » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:00 am

Charles wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:05 pm
Hi Bill.Yesterday I flew the area around Minute Man Air Field and this area is absolutely eye candy.Fantastic job Bill.Area around Plum island is too great but not as great as "Minute Man" area.I hope this will improve by your patch.Do both areas use the same ortho resolution?Minute man area seems sharper :).
Thanks
Charles
The Minute Man ortho is definitely sharper. The source image for Plum Island is pretty rough - I had to clean it up a lot to make it look half decent. In the update that should be posted soon (if not already), I did improve the coloring a bit. There's not much more I can do about the resolution, though.
Bill Womack
Lead poly wrangler and pixel pusher

Charles
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:18 am

Re: ORBX Plum Island Airport & Minute Man Air Field

Post by Charles » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:49 pm

Thank you for the explanation Bill.It would be possible upgrade the Plum Island ortho in the future if better ortho resolution will be available?
Charles

User avatar
iBlueYonder
Site Admin
Posts: 1041
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:45 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas USA

Re: ORBX Plum Island Airport & Minute Man Air Field

Post by iBlueYonder » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:36 pm

Charles wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:49 pm
Thank you for the explanation Bill.It would be possible upgrade the Plum Island ortho in the future if better ortho resolution will be available?
Charles
Let's wait and see if the source ever gets updated and go from there.
Bill Womack
Lead poly wrangler and pixel pusher

Post Reply