Nantucket Island FSX Problems? Post here.

Get technical support for your iBlueYonder product (except Orbx sceneries) here, or report bugs or other issues.
sab12

Re: Nantucket Island FSX Problems? Post here.

Postby sab12 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:38 am

iBlueYonder wrote:Steve, what is your level of detail radius set to in your sim? I did some testing locally, and using FSX I'm able to see the boats from as high as 6000'. Of course they're pretty small at that point. Do you run any performance tweaks in your fsx.cfg file? I seem to recall something about a part radius that could be set in FSX as well, which would make objects disappear when they were smaller than x pixels on screen. That might have the effect you're talking about if it was set too aggressively.

My LOD_Radius is set to 4.5.

There is a tweak for FSX:SE called "SmallPartRejectRadius" which seems to do what you are describing. I haven't used it but sending a .pdf to your e-mail which came from a FlightSim.com forum item. I may try adding it and will let you know if it changes what I am seeing.

Steve

sab12

Postby sab12 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:38 am

sab12 wrote:
iBlueYonder wrote:Steve, what is your level of detail radius set to in your sim? I did some testing locally, and using FSX I'm able to see the boats from as high as 6000'. Of course they're pretty small at that point. Do you run any performance tweaks in your fsx.cfg file? I seem to recall something about a part radius that could be set in FSX as well, which would make objects disappear when they were smaller than x pixels on screen. That might have the effect you're talking about if it was set too aggressively.

My LOD_Radius is set to 4.5.

There is a tweak for FSX:SE called "SmallPartRejectRadius" which seems to do what you are describing. I haven't used it but sending a .pdf to your e-mail which came from a FlightSim.com forum item. I may try adding it and will let you know if it changes what I am seeing.

Steve

This works. I set SmallPartRejectRadius = 0 and the boats are easily visible from higher altitude and points around the island. At least on my system (fairly high end), I still get smooth frames.

Steve

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Postby iBlueYonder » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:47 pm

Excellent! Glad to hear you found a happy spot with it.
Bill Womack
Lead poly wrangler and pixel pusher

Ernst

Postby Ernst » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:38 am

Hi!

Everything was great with Nantucket Island (which I had been waiting for a long time since I was a fan of Wings) until two days ago, when Bitdefender decided that the control panel was infected and deleted it. I tried everything without success. I even filed a False Positive ticket to Bitdefender but they haven't answered yet.

When I found out that there was a new patch (1.01) I decided to uninstall version 1.00 and install the new one to see whether the control panel was still detected as a threat or not. Bad idea, since now I can't even install the new version. I get an "Access denied. (0x5)" for "Nantucket Control Panel.exe" in my fsx steam edition's Nantucket folder. The funny thing is that Bitdefender doesn't show any sign of having detected anything, so I guess this error doesn't have anything to do with the antivirus.

I've read that other forum member had been able to make some registry cleaning which allowed him to install the control panel after a similar experience but I lack the knowledge to do that, so some advice would be appreciated!

I hope you can help me with this. I really loved this scenery.

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Postby iBlueYonder » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:22 am

Sorry to hear of the problems, Ernst. Offhand, the quickest solution I could think of was to zip up the control panel files for you. To install, unzip them to your FSX-SE root under iBlueYonder\Nantucket. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

You can download the control panel files from http://iblueyonder.com/updates/Nantucke ... el_FSX.zip

thanks,
Bill Womack

dolf8857

Postby dolf8857 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:04 am

Don't know if this is a problem but I found out that I have Nantucket twice in the FSX scenery library, is this normal or do I have to delete one.
The scenery gives no problems in FSX and looks great as far as I can see.
Thanks for replies,

Dolf8857

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Postby iBlueYonder » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:51 pm

Are both entries for the iBlueYonder version? If so, you should definitely delete one of them. If not, I wouldn't worry about it.
Bill Womack

dolf8857

Postby dolf8857 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:59 pm

They both point to the same directories , so I delete on of them and see what happens ;)
Thanks for the reply Bill !

Return to “iBlueYonder Product Support”