A Note on iBlueYonder P3D4 & FSW Compatibility

Get technical support for your iBlueYonder product (except Orbx sceneries) here, or report bugs or other issues.
pgde

Re: A Note on iBlueYonder P3D4 & FSW Compatibility

Post by pgde » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:04 pm

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:52 am

I know it's just one post after another about why you don't have KACK for P3D4 yet - and believe me, any frustration you feel is dwarfed by ours - but here's one more...

The bits for the P3D4 version of Nantucket are complete, and I was going to send them over to JustFlight this morning to be wrapped up in an installer. However, now we've got LM saying that today is the release date for the 4.1 version of P3D. They're saying it's a fairly major update, including changes to the dynamic lighting system. You can probably guess what we need to do now... that's right, check to make sure the code we were about to send works as expected in the P3D you're about to have. Hang on, and we'll keep you updated if there's anything that holds us up from moving forward with 4.1.
Bill Womack
Lead poly wrangler and pixel pusher

Turbine777

Post by Turbine777 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:03 pm

Thanks, Bill.
I was oblivious to p3d's update's being such a huge impact as it apparently is. After all, in my many years as a computer guru (fancy word for geek) a ".1" update by definition is seldom much of anything and in this case they even updated all three groups, ouch. I actually remember a .1 update to the abacus being nothing more than a change in color ;)

My heart goes out to developers. P3d has taken a very broken sim and gave it new life. We now have a 64 bit platform with VR and it's incredible, but to be a developer these days must be an insane and never ending nightmare. I can't even begin to imagine p3d's update schedule and it's trail of chaos to try to keep up with.

Take your time. I'm a Masshole (Massachusetts native) and rarely fly in my "hood" due to lack of decent payware airports. KACK changed that and just looking forward to traversing that part of the earth again!

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:58 am

Turbine777 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:03 pm
Thanks, Bill.
I was oblivious to p3d's update's being such a huge impact as it apparently is. After all, in my many years as a computer guru (fancy word for geek) a ".1" update by definition is seldom much of anything and in this case they even updated all three groups, ouch. I actually remember a .1 update to the abacus being nothing more than a change in color ;)

My heart goes out to developers. P3d has taken a very broken sim and gave it new life. We now have a 64 bit platform with VR and it's incredible, but to be a developer these days must be an insane and never ending nightmare. I can't even begin to imagine p3d's update schedule and it's trail of chaos to try to keep up with.

Take your time. I'm a Masshole (Massachusetts native) and rarely fly in my "hood" due to lack of decent payware airports. KACK changed that and just looking forward to traversing that part of the earth again!
I turned out that it wasn't that big a deal, but with P3D you never know until you try. All seems well, so off the bits go to JustFlight.
Bill Womack

pgde

Post by pgde » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:01 am

Hi Bill: Thanks for the updates! Is there any other place to download the P3D v4.1 update for KACK other than PCAviator? It takes them forever (months) to post updates...

Thanks!

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:41 am

I'll have a talk with them and see if we can't get it posted in a timely fashion.
Bill Womack

JohnnyJohnJohn

Post by JohnnyJohnJohn » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:00 pm

FS Pilot Shop too, Bill, please don't forget that one as well. :) Looking forward to flying the Block Island / Martha's Vineyard / Nantucket / Green State / Block Island Loop. :)

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:15 pm

JohnnyJohnJohn wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:00 pm
FS Pilot Shop too, Bill, please don't forget that one as well. :) Looking forward to flying the Block Island / Martha's Vineyard / Nantucket / Green State / Block Island Loop. :)
To be clear, JustFlight handles the distribution to other stores. If you want it to be available on the first day, every time, buy it here on this site. I can't guarantee the responsiveness of the other stores, I can only ask them to make it available.
Bill Womack

JohnnyJohnJohn

Post by JohnnyJohnJohn » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:24 pm

Cool to know, thank you Bill! Which version number will this be out of curiosity? For some reason, I get a Forbidden! Message at FS Pilot Shop, so If I have to, I'll repurchase again here.

Turbine777

Post by Turbine777 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Awesome news!

There's an issue with the website. I bought KACK at iBlueyonder but there's an issue with login. I log in and it takes me to the main page. I click my account and it has me log in again. This loop is never ending. I confirmed I'm entering the correct information and even intentionally entered an incorrect password which it then told me my password was incorrect, but with correct login credentials the loop continues. I tried clicking on the link in my email receipt and it brought me to my account page, but none of the tabs show purchases even though the email receipt states:

"You can download this file again any time by logging into the "My Account" section of http://iblueyonder.com. Your license keys for each purchase are stored there as well."

I'm at a loss on what to do next.