Nantucket Island FSX Problems? Post here.

Get technical support for your iBlueYonder product (except Orbx sceneries) here, or report bugs or other issues.
Blizz

Re: Nantucket Island FSX Problems? Post here.

Post by Blizz » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:28 am

I have an FSX and an FSX-SE folder. Both contain the exe.xml file. The one in the FSX folder does not contain the ACM lines. The one in the FSX-SE does. There are only a total of three files in the FSX-SE folder

Blizz

Post by Blizz » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:11 am

It works now!
I added the lines to the exe.xml in the FSX folder and also changed the path. As .../Program Files (x86)/.... is .../Programme (X86)/... in my German version of Windows 7.
Thank You for Your help and excuse me now, please. I have to take a ride at Nantucket right away! :)

solodude59

Post by solodude59 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:14 pm

Has this been resolved with FSX:SE? I'm kinda disappointed after spending money to fly from KBOS only to find default scenery at KACK....

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:28 am

solodude59 wrote:Has this been resolved with FSX:SE? I'm kinda disappointed after spending money to fly from KBOS only to find default scenery at KACK....
Which problem were you referring to? Most of the ones that have been brought up here have been resolved, but if you're having another then I'm happy to tackle it with you and get it fixed.
Bill Womack
Lead poly wrangler and pixel pusher

Blizz

Post by Blizz » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:20 pm

:( The small houses are gone again...
Here is my exe.xml. Maybe something is still wrong with it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>True</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>AutogenConfigurationMerger</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>C:\Programme (x86)\SceneryDesign.org\AutogenConfigurationMerger\AutogenConfigurationMerger.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Should the Automerger launch at every FSX loading? It doesn´t do that.

solodude59

Post by solodude59 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:00 pm

iBlueYonder wrote:
Which problem were you referring to? Most of the ones that have been brought up here have been resolved, but if you're having another then I'm happy to tackle it with you and get it fixed.
I still have all default scenery at KACK and the entire island. The installer did not work.

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:26 am

solodude59 wrote:
iBlueYonder wrote:
I still have all default scenery at KACK and the entire island. The installer did not work.
Are you using the FSX:Steam Edition only, by any chance? Users who run only the Steam edition (not in conjunction with the boxed version) seem to find they have better luck using the "FSX" option when they install the scenery instead of the Steam option. Try that and see if it works.
Bill Womack

solodude59

Post by solodude59 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:19 pm

I did try that, before I posted anything. The only change that has happened is that my default scenery is now glitched with grass appearing where runways should be. I've had less troubles with freeware scenery..

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:16 pm

solodude59 wrote:I did try that, before I posted anything. The only change that has happened is that my default scenery is now glitched with grass appearing where runways should be. I've had less troubles with freeware scenery..
I agree, it shouldn't be so hard to just install scenery. Most everyone else save a few Steam users seem to have done it without issue, but every system is a snowflake and has to be treated slightly differently. If you're getting 3D grass, then Nantucket is installed. In some cases with FSX, however, installing the same scenery multiple times will result in the base objects disappearing.

Go to your scenery library and see if you have multiple entries for Nantucket. If so, delete all but one. That should fix you up.
Bill Womack

solodude59

Post by solodude59 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:16 pm

Please send out an e-mail when the patch is ready.