Nantucket Island FSX Problems? Post here.

Get technical support for your iBlueYonder product (except Orbx sceneries) here, or report bugs or other issues.
Jetjockey10

Re: Nantucket Island FSX Problems? Post here.

Post by Jetjockey10 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:39 pm

This is new.

Just purchased Nantucket tonight. Using FSX Steam (FSX box has never been on this PC) Scenery loaded OK - no errors. Answered yes to the first install questions. Problem: the runways are partially under the grass. Above and below the grass. I haven't seen any other problems other than some shimmering on the water during climb out.

Ideas?

NEW INFO: I just installed Nantucket in P3Dv2.5 and have no problems other than I now see that most of the island in the Steam version above is default scenery. It is nothing like what I see in the P3Dv2.5 edition. duh.

Ray
Last edited by Jetjockey10 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:50 am

Did you use the FSX:Steam Edition option in the installer, or the FSX option? Apparently, if you run only the Steam Edition and don't have the FSX boxed edition, you need to choose FSX at install, not FSX:SE. In your Steam screenshots, nothing in the shot is our version of Nantucket, so it looks like it didn't get added to your scenery library.
Bill Womack
Lead poly wrangler and pixel pusher

Jetjockey10

Post by Jetjockey10 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:19 am

Hello Bill,

No, I selected the FSX Steam button. I will try the install using the FSX button. Thanks.

Ray

Jetjockey10

Post by Jetjockey10 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:37 am

OK. That works. I selected FSX box for the Steam installation but the path was correct for Steam. duh. All looks good except I have shimmering on the water close to the island - distracting. Got any ideas for an adjustment?

Regards,

Ray

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:51 pm

Jetjockey10 wrote:OK. That works. I selected FSX box for the Steam installation but the path was correct for Steam. duh. All looks good except I have shimmering on the water close to the island - distracting. Got any ideas for an adjustment?

Regards,

Ray
What is your water setting in the sim right now, Ray?
Bill Womack

Jetjockey10

Post by Jetjockey10 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:37 pm

Water setting in Steam is High 2.x

Ray

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:57 pm

I know it might be difficult to capture, but if you could post a screenshot of what you're seeing it might help.
Bill Womack

Jetjockey10

Post by Jetjockey10 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:50 pm

I will try each of the water settings and see if I can find the magic setting. If not, I will try to capture some screen shots. Thanks.

Ray

Blizz

Post by Blizz » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:09 pm

I had the "no small houses" problem and did a new installation using the FSX option instead of FSX:SE. On the first launch it looked alright. All houses were there. I just tried it again and now the houses are gone again.
Any updates on that problem?
Thx

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:58 am

Blizz,

I have noticed that on a few systems, installing the scenery twice will result in an incorrect installation of autogenconfigurationmerger (ACM) the second time, which then leads to missing houses. To fix your installation, do the following:
  • Make sure that ACM is installed in the correct location. The autogenconfigurationmerger.exe should be located on your system in C:\Program Files (x86)\SceneryDesign.org\AutogenConfigurationMerger - check to make sure it's there first.
  • Once you've made sure the exe file is in the right spot, go to C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and locate the exe.xml file.
  • Open the file in notepad, and look for this entry:

Code: Select all

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>AutogenConfigurationMerger</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\SceneryDesign.org\AutogenConfigurationMerger\AutogenConfigurationMerger.exe</Path>
      </Launch.Addon>
  • Your Path parameter probably looks like "\AutogenConfigurationMerger.exe" if it does, change the path to the full path as listed above, starting with "C:\".
  • Run FSX again. Your ACM should be working now.
Let me know if you don't find the above folders or files where they're supposed to be.
Bill Womack