Nantucket Island FSX Problems? Post here.

Get technical support for your iBlueYonder product (except Orbx sceneries) here, or report bugs or other issues.
iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Re: Nantucket Island FSX Problems? Post here.

Post by iBlueYonder » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:37 am

Hi Mark,

So far there have been at least two Steam-only users who have had this issue. The problem is that the viva module is looking in the wrong directory for the scenery.cfg file. The one it finds is a backup that FSX keeps, and doesn't contain the entries for any addon scenery. Since Viva is not aware of the scenery, it doesn't look in its folder for XML files, and bingo - no objects displayed. I have another dll for you to try, but I'm away from the office until tomorrow. I'll send it to you via PM once I'm back at my desk. It won't fix your problems, but it should spit out a lot more debugging data so we can get to the bottom of what's happening. Sorry you've ended up being such a guinea pig. We will get it sorted out!

Bill
Bill Womack
Lead poly wrangler and pixel pusher

bmaack

Post by bmaack » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:08 pm

I am unable to properly install this scenery. My virus software deleted the Control Panel after indicating that 'potential malicious software' was detected. I uninstalled the scenery, turned off my virus software, and attempted to reinstall. Now I am unable to install the software. I am getting an 'access denied' message...reads like this...
ScreenHunter_45 Jan. 01 17.44.jpg
ScreenHunter_45 Jan. 01 17.44.jpg (43.96 KiB) Viewed 907 times
Purchased from this website on 12/28/1016...
I will PM you my registration key as proof of purchase...

bmaack

Post by bmaack » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:47 pm

After some registry cleaning, I was able to install it, but I notice that the FBO is missing from the scenery...
Attachments
nantucket.gif
nantucket.gif (137.43 KiB) Viewed 906 times

anfield ace

Post by anfield ace » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:46 pm

I had the same problem with the missing FBO, I just ran the autogen merger .exe file in the iblueyonder/Nantucket folder, now works fine...

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:28 pm

anfield ace wrote:I had the same problem with the missing FBO, I just ran the autogen merger .exe file in the iblueyonder/Nantucket folder, now works fine...
That's very odd, as the AutogenConfigurationMerger tool and viva, which controls the appearance of the terminal, have nothing to do with one another. Whatever it takes to get it working, I guess.

For the record, Viva.dll (or viva_P3D.dll for Prepar3D) is the module that controls seasonal/conditional display of objects. The only reason it drives the display of the terminal & FBO is because they both have seasonal variations due to having grass areas as part of the model. When Viva fails to activate, you won't see the terminal, FBO, grass and shrubs, or windsocks.

The AutogenConfigurationMerger tool is used once at each runtime to make sure the custom autogen entries for the Nantucket roof types are appended to the default autogen files. If that tool is misconfigured or not installed correctly, you won't see any buildings on the island except for the airport and a few custom buildings scattered here and there. You will still see trees because they contain no custom classes.

Sorry, lecture over. I just thought some of you might appreciate knowing the difference.
Bill Womack

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:53 pm

bmaack wrote:After some registry cleaning, I was able to install it, but I notice that the FBO is missing from the scenery...
Have you been through the viva thread and tried all the standard fixes for various scenarios? You can find it here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40
Bill Womack

anfield aces

Post by anfield aces » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:47 pm

Hi Bill,

Further to my previous, you were right, i re-read the earlier posts, so i un-installed and re-installed, and as per Just Flight, I chose the original FSX path, instead of FSX SE, and it installed perfect, and now all is well including all the new grey houses etc (Which I didn't realise were missing before!)...I know there some remenants of the old FSX path still on my system, and I have had to choose FSX on other occasions before, cheers mate!

Mal...UK

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:02 pm

Excellent! I love it when our advice occasionally works. ;)
Bill Womack

SgtMajor

Post by SgtMajor » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:59 pm

iBlueYonder wrote:Hi Mark,

So far there have been at least two Steam-only users who have had this issue. The problem is that the viva module is looking in the wrong directory for the scenery.cfg file. The one it finds is a backup that FSX keeps, and doesn't contain the entries for any addon scenery. Since Viva is not aware of the scenery, it doesn't look in its folder for XML files, and bingo - no objects displayed. I have another dll for you to try, but I'm away from the office until tomorrow. I'll send it to you via PM once I'm back at my desk. It won't fix your problems, but it should spit out a lot more debugging data so we can get to the bottom of what's happening. Sorry you've ended up being such a guinea pig. We will get it sorted out!

Bill
Mark & Bill....I'm in the same boat.....but will be out of town until the 13th. I'm hoping things will be sorted out by then..(smile)...if not....let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Have no problem wiping my installation clean again and starting from scratch.

Just a note....probably nothing to do with anything. BUT..... Since this is a new computer with a fresh Steam install and ONLY KACK installed.....I dug out my old Plum Island scenery and installed and pretty much had the same issue. The FSX Addon scenery folder was blank, however, the FSAddon Folder contained the Plum Island folder. I copied the Plum Island over to the Addon.....cranked up FSX and pointed the scenery button to the new scenery where it found it....presto....everything looks good.

Also worth nothing...... When I installed my STEAM FSX.....I have it installed to a different drive then the C:\program86\........where ever Steam usually puts stuff. All my Steam installs are actually on my D:\drive. Again....probably nothing to do with anything but thought I'd add the note.

Cheers!
Steven R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:39 pm

We solved Mark's problem today. It turns out he had an extraneous Prepar3D.exe in his main FSX:Steam folder. Apparently, having that or an ESP.exe will cause viva to misfire. For anyone whose viva.log file shows the wrong path to the scenery.cfg file, this is something to look out for.
Bill Womack