Nantucket Island FSX Problems? Post here.

Get technical support for your iBlueYonder product (except Orbx sceneries) here, or report bugs or other issues.
iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Nantucket Island FSX Problems? Post here.

Post by iBlueYonder » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:18 pm

We're sorting out some first-day issues with the forum, and one of them is that new users can't seem to create topics, so they can't post any problems they might be having. If there is anything you want to discuss about the FSX version of Nantucket Island, please post in this thread for now.
Bill Womack
Lead poly wrangler and pixel pusher

dcalves1

Nantucket Default Scenery only

Post by dcalves1 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:08 pm

Bill, I think all I'm seeing is the default scenery only.

I'm using FSX:Steam. I installed the scenery. Read the PDF and made sure all scenery settings were exactly as written there.

Then I checked for the Viva.dll. It's there and the formulas are present.

I thought that maybe I needed to check the radio button on FSX scenery that enabled DirectX 10. But that didn't make things any better.

So now I'm not sure how to get the Nantucket scenery up and running.

Thanks for your time and creativity. Looking forward to Nantucket.

Happy user of "Plum Island"

My Computer specs:
[*] OS; Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional (64-bit)
[*] MOTHER BOARD: AMD ASRock 970 Extreme 3 R2.0
[*] AMD FX 8320 Core i-8 Core Processor 3.50 Ghz
[*] Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9Q-32GBXL
[*] (2) AMD Radeon XFX R7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Cards
[*]ASUS 12X Blu-ray Writer, BW-12B1ST
[*]SanDisk SDSSDP-256G-G25 2.5" 256GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
[*]WD VelociRaptor WD6000HLHX 600GB, 10000 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
[*]Corsair Vengeance K70 Gaming Keyboard
[*]Razer DeathAdder 2013 Gaming mouse[/list]

SgtMajor

Re: Nantucket Island FSX Problems? Post here.

Post by SgtMajor » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:18 pm

Hey partner........I had the same problem with my FSX-Steam and this is what I did to fix mine......

First off.....mine is a brand new computer with a fresh FSX-Steam install.....nothing else other than a couple aircraft had been added.

The install seemed to go okay, however, like you after it ran I only had the FSX default scenery. Checking my FSX directory I looked into the Addon Scenery folder and it was blank....

I also saw a new folder labeled iBlueYonder which contained a folder named Nantucket....which in the Nantucket folder was a number of folders. I copied both the Scenery and the Texture folder.....added that to my Addon Scenery folder and presto....Bill's scenery is now appearing.

With all that said...............I DON'T CLAIM TO KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!!! (smile)

Do I need the autogen, scripts and other folders from the iBlueYonder folder???? Not sure....but that's where I'm currently at. (smile)

Cheers!!
Steven R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

dcalves1

Post by dcalves1 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:22 pm

I haven't heard from Bill . . . and your advice sounds as good as I've heard. So i'll give it a try.

Thanks SgtMajor

SgtMajor

Post by SgtMajor » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:18 pm

No problem....... you might just copy the Nantucket folder into the Addon Scenery folder first. It might work like that.....I'm just not sure.

Good Luck!!!

Cheers,
Steven R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:31 pm

Sorry, I've been on the road all day. It's becoming clear that there's a problem with the installer on Steam-only systems. I need to get together with the installer makers and see if we can't work out what's up. In the meantime, simply copying files might work partially, but you won't be getting the full benefit of the scenery.
Bill Womack

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Post by iBlueYonder » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:57 am

This is a message I just got from JustFlight regarding Steam installs. It might contain useful information for some of you.

If they have a steam-only (never coexisted with the original) version then it is a normal FSX as far as the scenery setup is concerned
If they have a compatibility-mode steam edition then it should automatically use the correct scenery.cfg, however if they have messed up the registry settings it could be detecting it as one when it should be the other.

Are these users seeing the screen where you can choose between FSX and FSX-SE? If so then they probably need to select the normal FSX option rather than the SE at that point. You should only see that screen if the installer detects either a compatibility install of SE or it detects the user has both versions of FSX. If they are sure they have never had SE on that machine at the same time as the original (at any time) then they need to select the normal FSX option
Bill Womack

Blizz

No small buildings

Post by Blizz » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:20 pm

I am running Steam only and I added the scenery manually to the library, which worked fine also. Maybe related to that problem, the link to the manual in the Start Menu did not work also. The manual was in the respective folder, so that was easy to fix.
Another thing that bothers me more is the fact that small buildings are not showing. I see the big ones at the airport, but the small ones farer away are not there. I tried to post a screenshot, but failed. The settings in FSX are like suggested by the manual.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

dcalves1

Post by dcalves1 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:37 pm

I put the entire "Nantucket" folder into my "AddOn Scenery" folder. And added it in my settings. Then restarted FSX: Steam. Now I see everything, even the cool iBlueYonder windsock adjusts to my wind settings. Nice, Bill.

Visual_Purple

Post by Visual_Purple » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:47 am

Hi Bill,

I have an FSX-SE installation on a system which has never had the boxed edition installed.
As you know from our troubleshooting session the other day, my first first attempts to install the scenery failed, until I added it to the library manually, which although displaying the ground textures etc, did not bring in the Viva-related details.

I've followed the advice in the message from Just Flight above (selecting FSX rather than FSX-SE). This has taken me one step forward, in that the Nantucket scenery does now appear at the top of my scenery library.

However, the Viva issue remains. I have gone through all the checks in the thread and although the exe and dll files look ok, the Viva log reveals that no placement xmls are being found. I ran the Viva module installer and received the notification in the attached screenshot, which shows that a folder called FSX-SE was created at some point during the installation (which I know did not exist previously, and from doing research elsewhere appears to be unnecessary in a standalone Steam installation).

So I reckon the installer definitely needs patching before users such as myself can experience Nantucket as it is meant to be!

Mark
Attachments
Viva log in DynPlacement.JPG
Viva log in DynPlacement.JPG (38.49 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
Message when running Viva module installer.JPG
Message when running Viva module installer.JPG (38.07 KiB) Viewed 1307 times