Tree in front of runway 33

Get technical support for your iBlueYonder product (except Orbx sceneries) here, or report bugs or other issues.
barrel_owl

Tree in front of runway 33

Postby barrel_owl » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:18 pm

Hi guys,
I bought the Nantucket Island scenery a couple of days ago on FSPilotshop.com and I am really liking it. Very nice job for a fair price!

One problem I noticed, however, is that there is a tree right in front of runway 33. It appears to be exactly centered and just in front ot the threshold, meaning that if you are descending through the glidescope for RNAV33, you more or less always have to manually deviate from course or just be a little higher than your VS indicator if you don't want to impact it.

I have no idea whether that tree is part of iBlueYonder scenery, Orbx Trees or the default FSX texture, I only know that it does not belong there, as you can clearly notice from this video. Can anybody else confirm this issue?

Thanks a lot
Filippo Nesi
Last edited by barrel_owl on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Re: Tree in front of runway 33

Postby iBlueYonder » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:49 pm

Cool video. Can you post a screenshot of the problem? I haven't seen it before.
Bill Womack
Lead poly wrangler and pixel pusher

barrel_owl

Postby barrel_owl » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:05 pm

iBlueYonder wrote:Cool video. Can you post a screenshot of the problem? I haven't seen it before.

I can provide something clearer later, if you want. Sorry, I used today's weather with AS16 for these shots.
Regards
Filippo

iBlueYonder
Site Admin

Postby iBlueYonder » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:40 pm

I think I found the errant trees in the AGN files. I've attached a zip with two .agn files that you can use to replace your current ones. They should eliminate any extraneous trees in the way.

To use, just unzip to "[your sim's root folder]\iBlueYonder\Nantucket\Texture". Overwrite your existing files.

Let me know how that works.
Attachments
KACK_AGN_fix_04-20-17.zip
(101.8 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Bill Womack
Lead poly wrangler and pixel pusher

barrel_owl

Postby barrel_owl » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:54 pm

iBlueYonder wrote:I think I found the errant trees in the AGN files. I've attached a zip with two .agn files that you can use to replace your current ones. They should eliminate any extraneous trees in the way.

To use, just unzip to "[your sim's root folder]\iBlueYonder\Nantucket\Texture". Overwrite your existing files.

Let me know how that works.

Thank you very much for your quick reaction! Let me give a try to your new AGN and I will post more shots to show if the tree issue is now fixed.

Meanwhile I had loaded a video with different POVs to help you understand the exact position of the tree. It seems obsolete now, anyway... The video will be visible in few minutes at the following link:

Regards
Filippo

barrel_owl

Postby barrel_owl » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:40 pm

Problem solved. The tree is now missing:

Thank you very much for your quick reaction!
Filippo

Return to “iBlueYonder Product Support”